Where does time go? Where is our country going?

Wow so much has happened since the last time I wrote anything here. Not even sure where to start. I would need to go back and read where I left things at.

I decided not to go back and reread my old posts at this point. I may still do that. Instead I am going to just put down what is on my mind. I decided to do that here rather then on FB just so I do not have to read all the post from friends and family on that very public forum. As I sit here laughing at myself  knowing this is another public forum. Just not as many of my family and friends read this site.

Where oh where is this country I love so much going? If you had told me in 2012 that Donald Trump would be our President, and that Oprah Winfrey would be considering a run for president I would have called you a liar. And yet here we are.

I have been outspoken about my dislike for Donald Trump. I could not even watch his TV show. He has always made my skin crawl. He is a very rich man. Made a huge amount of money. Yet has filed bankruptcy numerous times. His great success is not on him so much as the people he surrounds himself with. This is even more obvious as he turns to ask people, 'What is this I am signing all about?' Supposedly something he created and wrote himself. WOW!!

As for Oprah, her positive message and Rags to riches Story has always been a great inspiration. There have been mistakes in what she has helped bring to the public. But is she equipped to be our president. She like Trump is a billionaire. Again someone that surrounds themselves with the right people. However unlike Trump I believe before she were to 'put her hat in the ring' she would educate herself more on what government is and how it works. I believe she would listen more.

So many people in this country want change. I kept hearing how Trump would change everything and help the little man out. So far all I have seen him do is help himself and big business. Where is the help for mom and pop businesses. He was going to help get Wall Street out of the government. Helllloooo, he is the epitome of Wall Street. Where is GOOD healthcare? The AHA was a great start but it was only a start. Yet Trump has done all he could to break it down. At this point a single payer system would be great. BTW the rich can still buy better care if they want in the single payer system but at least EVERYONE would be insured and get medical, dental and eye care.

Why is he so hell bent to break down all the good that happened in the Obama administration. There was so much good that happened.

Where are the politicians who understand the government and are willing to stand up against waste and abuse. I keep expecting things to change but they are not. If anything its getting worse. If I do not have a take home over $200k I will not benefit from the new tax 'reform'. What percent of our people have income over that number? It looks like in 2015 5% of the US population was at or above $200k a year. While a whopping 52% were at or below $50k. Oh and in 9 years the new Trump reforms show any family under $75k will be paying more per year. That is around 62% of us. So why are the lowest earners paying the most taxes? Tax reform in my book is an across the board equal tax rate, no itemized deductions, charitable contributions do not help reduce your taxes unless they are in the US and do not lower your paid taxes by more then 2%. Say we set it @ 10% that is lower then what a person who made $20k in 2016 paid. In 2016 taxpayers earning $20k paid 12.5%, $200k paid 25%, and $440K and up 26%. That was before any deductions like medical, charity, business, etc. I would bet that the average after deductions for people with income over $500k paid way less the 20% in taxes, this is a guess on my part from what has been reported about certain celebs tax payments. I understand that a lot of Charities FEAR this will lower how much they get in contributions. For the majority of us you already do not get much. I guess they will have rethink how they raise money. To me Tax Reform for individual taxes is to Dumb it Down. Keep it simple. Reform for Businesses I have no idea if the new Tax reform will actually help businesses pass it on like Trump hopes. To me it always seems that when the rich get a break it goes in their own pockets first.

Ok thats my rant for today. Not sure who will read it but please be nice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting

Addictions versus Choices

Trip to Spain: The journey there