I'm Here

Sorry to everyone for taking so long getting back to this. I think I warned that I was not so good at the whole daily writing thing.
So I have lost 2 pounds. Nope have not stuck very well to the diet plan. I think I like follow the plan about 2 or 3 days then cheat then back again.However, I have been doing exercises and working with my personal trainer. So I have increased my activities.
Today I was cleaning my patio and thinking about life and people. So I am going to share my thoughts with you all.
It all started with someone who had a preconceived idea of what I was going to be like before they ever met me. Why do people do that. It has always been a pet peeve of mine for someone to decide or tell me what I am thinking or feeling. After all sometimes I do not even know what I think or feel about something until it has come to my attention. I have always prided myself on not making judgements about people before I have gotten to know them. Although I have occasionally not followed my gut and regretted it. Most of the time though I have been glad to know the person better.
It is my feeling that preconceived ideas about people are often based on past life experiences. An example of this would be that all teachers are boring because my history teacher droned on and on. Or that people 20 years older then "I" am are going to not like me because I do not fit their idea of what I should have done with my life. I never have fit into any ones mold. I never plan on fitting into some one's idea of what I am or should be.
How can someone who has never met me know that when I was 16 I was singing in bars? Or that I dreamed of being an actress? That I chose to go in the Navy at 17 because my dream was shattered by a self important nimrod who told me I had no talent. What about my favorite 2 holidays being Halloween or Christmas. That family means almost everything to me? I never even tried to go back to my dream, not because I did not believe I had talent, but because I did not want to give up even I day with my precious children. And my fear of never seeing my children finish growing up when I found out I had cancer.
I wish I had the money to never work again so I could be close enough to my grandchildren to see them grow and flourish. To be there to help my son and daughter-in-law in whatever way I could help. Like babysitting so they could go out to dinner alone. That whatever rules and restrictions they have would be followed to the letter. Because they are their children not mine.
I am an avid Researcher in my families Genealogy and I want to see my grandchildren graduate school, get married and have their own children. I want to see my blood going forward.
What are my religious beliefs, eclectic. I have spent many years trying to understand what it is I believe in. I have looked at most religions and found something missing in the religion. Yet all have basic parts of what I believe. When it comes right down to it I believe that every one's faith is unique to themselves. It is the belief in something greater then oneself that is important not what religion you practice. Just looking at the definitions of the words faith and religion help make my point.
Religion-noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.
Faith–noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.
8. Christian Theology. the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.



My personal faith is a combination of a lot of religions. It is my feeling that people that need to "study" faith to understand it have lost the basic concept of faith. I love the whole let go and let god have it.
OK, that is enough for today. My husband called and interrupted my thoughts. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Excellent work! Two pounds in one week is the maximum doctors recommend to both continue on a healthy weight loss journey and to take care of your body. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting

Addictions versus Choices